- Chicagoland, IL, USA
- Full Time
Participates in the production and inventory planning process to meet corporate goals for sales, inventory and on time delivery of customer orders. Responsible for analyzing Materials Resource Planning reports, issuing work orders and maintaining proper inventory levels. Responsibilities also include maintaining engineering masters, inventory control procedures, cycle counts and determining and reporting changes in customer orders and its impact upon inventory and production.
- Analyze Materials Requirements Planning reports and planned work orders and create work orders to support production plan.
- Release standard and custom products work orders for production.
- Work with manufacturing and purchasing to make sure the material is available for production.
- Expedite late production or purchase orders as required.
- Develop and maintain least cost ordering policy for fabricated parts and finished products.
- Develop and maintain inventory levels and inventory planning information for fabricated and finished products.
- Input of Master Schedule and independent demand into material requirements planning system.
- Monitor Master Production Schedule and customer demand and recommend necessary changes in Master Production Schedule to Management where required.
- Monitor the Master Production Schedule against actual performance by specific criteria to define and resolve planned vs. actual performance.
- Monitor movement of standard products inventory and make recommendations for improving inventory turns.
- New Product status, liaison between Manufacturing, Materials Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Strong technical knowledge of production planning and inventory control in manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing technology, business administration or equivalent
- Experience in production planning and inventory control systems and procedures
- APICS certification a plus
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Able to manage project teams developing specific solutions to improve inventory turns and production scheduling
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW: