- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment. Performs routine facilities maintenance.
- Maintain plant machinery and equipment following a standard preventive maintenance schedule in order to keep equipment functioning at maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis to fix additional equipment problems as they occur.
- Record all actions taken in equipment maintenance log promptly and accurately so that complete records are available for each piece of equipment.
- Make recommendations to improve preventive maintenance procedures.
- Make enhancements to equipment as directed by Engineering and/or Production Manager.
- Perform routine facilities maintenance as needed; does not get into involved plumbing or electrical work.
- As needed, run errands to pick up parts or supplies.
- Assist Production Manager to coordinate work from sub-contractors.
- Maintain tool room to ensure availability of tools, equipment and supplies necessary to perform maintenance functions.
- Make suggestions to improve quality, efficiency, safety, or communication.
- Follow all safety practices and immediately corrects or reports unsafe or hazardous conditions. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department supervisor.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment maintenance
- Familiar with basic electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and plumbing work
- Able to read and understand maintenance schedules, machine schematics, and troubleshooting manuals, and to neatly maintain maintenance logs
- Able to climb ladders, stoops, bends and otherwise physically able to access all areas of machinery and equipment to perform maintenance
- Valid driver's license
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW: